Monday, February 25, 2019

A Week Or So Later

I managed to get very lucky this past month. I knew it was going to take a wee bit more than some old guy with a machete and other hand held instruments of destruction to make a good road and pad on the property, so I knew a tractor of rather large size would be handy. I found a guy named John who has over forty years experience on the island, and good references too. So he told me to get the boundaries marked, and he'd work in a time. I hustled, got my part done, and let him know. He called back in a week's time with a scheduling date: "Joe, how's tomorrow at 9 sound?" "SURE!!!!!" I replied, knowing that it is normally a two or three month backlog. Next morning, John was there, and he and the D-9 started working on a 200 ft. driveway and a 100 x 100 ft. pad. By Saturday noon, he was done. Next step is some rock to help define and smooth both areas.




Please note that the final photo of Ginger (somebody in Hawaii named their cat Ginger?) really has nothing to do with this part of the story, but since this is written by someone named Deadstiffcatt, random stupid kitty photos are to be expected...….

No comments:

Post a Comment