Wednesday, December 3, 2014

One little bit at a time....

Today found me out in the shed for a little bit- got a couple of things sorted out. It was a test fit day- got the nacelle where it should be, although at this moment I left the gaiters in place, rather than the steel covers normally there. I also tried out the 4 gallon tank, and found I want to drop the front of it down a half an inch to provide better clearance with the nacelle when the handlebars are turned to their full swing. I did a little mock up with the Lycett that just came in, it is going to need some decent mounting done. Over the next couple of days it will be a game of what fits where- a full mock up to make sure it all fits together and the right pieces and parts are where I want them. Then all back down to the frame- and paint!

I've decided that I want a little more ground clearance for sure, so the rigid rear end is going to be swapped for one that has a 0" drop, rather than the current 2" drop it has. This will also level the bike out nicely, although I find the slightly raked look nice, I like the value of the ground clearance more.

No comments:

Post a Comment