Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Some Days You Just Can't Win......

I finally got around to getting the primary cover off to inspect the clutch and chain. Everything came apart just fine, and I may have even found the source of a little extra noise I was looking for- seems the clutch hub was just a hair loose on the spline it fits onto, giving me some extra noise. As long as I had the primary open, I wanted to pull and inspect the primary chain, as well as replace the rubber cushions inside the clutch hub. I even popped the removeable sprocket cover behind the clutch to check the trans sprocket and it's nut.  All went surprisingly well, no problems in their tightness and condition, the new clutch hub rubbers all went in smoothly, and everything went back together with a nice comfortable fit. Ran a torque wrench on all the nuts and bolts before preparing to adjust the clutch, and was just about to start when I realised that the only thing that didn't go together right was that big round sprocket cover that is behind everything I had just tightened. Unortunately, it wasn't behind everything, it was still sitting on the workbench with the 6 screws right next to it!  OOOPS!

Well, tomorrow is another day, I guess.......

No comments:

Post a Comment